About the Motherhouse
Every religious community has a central house. Some call it the “motherhouse,” others call it the “general house.” Our Motherhouse is located in
Our presence in the house at Via della Conciliazione 51 dates back to the Founder, Father Francis Mary of the Cross Jordan. The Foundation was made in 1881 at 96 Piazza Farnese, the house where St. Bridget of
In 1894 the owner of the palace, Duca Francesco di Paola Negroni Caffarelli, who reserved for his own use only the first floor, the so called “piano nobile,” decided to sell the building and Jordan seized the opportunity to buy it. Probably the actual taking over of the property happened in the autumn of 1894, although the agreement was signed on the July 20, 1895.
In the 1930s the Italian government created a major boulevard, the Via della Conciliazione, leading from the