The Salvatorian Family is an expression of the charism, the gift of the Spirit given to Father Jordan for the Church. We trace our common roots back to the Apostolic Teaching Society, founded by Father Jordan on 8 December 1881 in Rome. Diocesan priests were its first members. Therese von Wüllenweber (later Blessed Mother Mary of the Apostles) committed herself to this Society in 1882. Large numbers of laity of all ages joined this foundation
Today the Salvatorian Family has three autonomous branches:
Society of the Divine Saviour,
Congregation of the Sisters of the Divine Saviour,
International Community of the Divine Saviour.
We are united by our commitment to the mission as envisioned by our Founder, forming one family of zealous apostles who announce to all the salvation that has appeared in Jesus Christ. (Titus 3:4) Just as Father Jordan’s original project evolved over time, we are open to where the Spirit will lead us in the future.
We live our call in equality and complementarity in ways appropriate to our diverse states in life, gifts, and cultures.